Friday 15 March 2013

Don't Miss This!

In case you missed the Facebook post, I'd like you to watch this:


Depending on your previous knowledge of physics that may have had the same effect on you as it did on Alan (I had a few moments there myself), but I do hope you enjoyed it. I certainly did. I know several of you share my love of learning.

I am not the same person I was a few weeks ago. Playing catch-up on my education has had a profound effect, and I'll figure out what exactly later on, because it's ongoing and I cannot predict when it will level out. There has to come a point when it does, but we'll just wait and see.

What I recognize is that much of the more serious writing I've done on blogs and other online outlets over the years was an attempt to get at knowledge by digging a hole under it. Now I feel like I've been given a key to the door. Of course this is why we have such a thing as school, and I'm more resentful than ever that my opportunity back then was limited by so many things. But better late than never. At least I know my kids have had a decent education, because when we discuss the things I'm learning, they seem to know what I'm talking about.






3 comments: